Monday, July 20, 2009

Eye Surgery Center Experts Let Me Down

In a previous post, I became a raving fan of all of the professional experts involved in my eye surgery last May.I had no hesitation in trusting those experts from the moment they welcomed me and guided me through the surgery.
I needed an additional lazier procedure and made arrangements to have it done in a different location.
It was a different experience.
First they called and left 2 different times for me to arrive. That started me wondering if they knew what they were doing.
They forgot about me and we waited for an hour. They were involved in showing a new employee how to operate the copier.
When they finally took me in, they couldn't find my file.
As I was leaving, they couldn't find the file again.
The procedure I had done was a simple one to them and I got the feeling, not a priority.
Maybe not to them, but to me it was pretty dog-gone important. These are MY eyes and of MAJOR importance to me!
I mentioned this when I talked with the Doctor at the follow-up appointment. He seemed very concerned. It creates a negative impression of his practice, even though it is separate from the surgery center. He evidently talked to the Surgery Center
because the center supervisor called me to find out what happened and apologized to me.
I'm glad she cared enough to call. It didn't cancel out what happened but it did make me feel a little better about them but if given a choice, I will not go there again.
Once trust is broken, it's hard to get it back. They did call and talked to me about my experience - I would have to think about it - I'm not sure.

People Want To Know They Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment