Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Title Company : Creature Of Habits

Have you ever notice how we humans have a difficult time adapting when our “normal” routine is changed?
We are upgrading our telephone system. Much of the work was done yesterday, which was “President’s Day and the office was closed. I met the techie here at nine AM and didn’t we didn’t leave until four! It seemed we had everything under control until I checked voice mail messages as usual during the evening. I couldn’t access it - Semi panic!
This morning, I told everyone to reset their own voice mails and I think most of us forgot how. How often do you change an office message?
Debbie, our extraordinary receptionists, says the ring sounds different. Ashley couldn’t pick it up from her cell phone, and so on and so on.
As for me,
I change the office greeting every time there is a holiday, but I went totally blank as the techie was standing there watching!
We are such creatures of habit.
Things seem to be settling down now that it is afternoon and all of the voicemails have messages again.
This should have been easy. Sure!
Stop, Think, and then take Action – I’ll have to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment